- This event has passed.
Nurture’s Arts Jam : Monthly Art Club (FREE EVENT)
6th July 2020 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pmFree
Arts Jam. Your space to create, collaborate and be inspired.
We look forward to welcoming you! Please can we ask all attendees to RSVP via the Nurture Website (link below) this allows us to obtain materials required for creative sessions.
Relax and have fun trying out different materials and processes each month. All abilities are welcome, join us and find your inspiration.
– To be accessible to all, offering themes that accommodate for different styles, approaches and abilities
– To encourage collaboration, conversation and sharing of skills, ideas and processes
– To explore, experiment and inspire new creative endeavours and projects
– To build confidence with a focus on process rather than finished item
– To be affordable, utilising materials and processes that are readily available at home so that work can be further developed if wished
– To consider environmental impact through choice of materials and reducing waste, using natural or recycled materials where possible
– To feed into Nurture’s Nature versus Nurture wider theme
Monday 6th January
Paper mosaic: Re-use left over Christmas wrapping, tags and cards to create beautiful paper mosaics
Monday 3rd February
Painting without a brush: Create a monochrome abstract painting inspired by the winter landscape. Splatter, print, spread, drip, scrap and scratch, no paintbrushes allowed!
Monday 2nd March
Spring flower collage: Brighten up a cold winter evening. Build up layers of paper, inks, pens and pencil to create a bright abstract floral image
Monday 6th April
Mono-printing: Explore simple techniques for printing without a press
Monday 4th May
Fabulous feathers: Create bright patterned paper feathers. Work together to build a fantastical pair of wings
Monday 1st June
Plant dye: Use natural tea and berry dyes to decorate fabric
Monday 6th July
Picturesque petals: Use freshly picked summer flowers to create beautiful flower mandalas or make your own flower petal paint
No event in August due to school holidays
Monday 7th September
Vegetable printing for grown ups: Print onto fabric using root vegetables and create bold organic patterns
Monday 5th October
Painted leaves: Decorate autumn leaves with acrylic paint and embroidery
Monday 2nd November
Autumn garlands: Create ethereal flower and leaf garlands
Monday 7th December
Clay ornaments: Press natural materials into air drying clay to create unique hanging ornaments